Since I first moved to Venezuela and then to Canada, I've noticed how people overreact to people's allergies. I remember quite a while back (grade 10), a teacher put a ban on peanut butter sandwiches because some kid was "deadly allergic" to peanut butter. No, the kid wouldn't die- he would just puff up and look funny.
I am allergic to shellfish. I would be "deadly allergic" if I was stupid enough to eat it. However, yes, I never tell people because I don't want them to give me the awkward treatment I was given once at a party.
Cliffe, this goes to you. Your mom was a freak.
After stating that I was allergic to shellfish and I couldn't eat it, they kept asking if I was allergic to EVERYTHING they were handing out. Jesus, man, was it awkward.
However, that's not the point of this. The thesis of this rant is the following: how come people freak out so much over little Johnny's peanut butter sandwich, and nobody freaks out about filling Mohawk College's caffeteria/food court/thing with freaking shellfish stench? And, who can I complain to?
I started having hives. Other people could have it too. If they are to serve these, they should ensure that the kitchen fans are working, at least.
I don't care about little johnny's peanut butter sandwich, nor I care about that annoying bitch with the container full of shrimp. I just don't want to be forced to smell it, that's all.
It's like, being considerate to one another. Do I ever consider forcing people to sniff my asshole? What about my armpits?
People, be considerate to others, and they will be considerate to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment