Thursday, February 3, 2011

National Anthems and potato chips.

Today somebody asked whether or not I listened to random national anthems. And it brought back memories from waaaaay back when I lived in Colombia.
Now that I think about it, my education was mostly military-like. We had rewards for academic performance, well behaviour, outstanding stuff, all to do with simply the honour of wearing a small button-sized flag on your chest. We had to stand in rows and do arms exercises in the morning every day. And, of course, listening to the national anthem, our departamental anthem, and the school's anthem. We had no choice, we had to know them by heart.
I missed the sound of those.
I miss the sound of that discipline. That education had a great influence in what I am right now. And I thank my parents for having chosen that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment