Acrobatics is my way of flying. Capoeira includes acrobatics in its games, and regardless of how tough they get, it's something I treasure. If it wasn't for Capoeira, I would be a different person. Capoeira has been there when shit has hit the fan. I've always found refuge in its music and the wonders that come with it. Martial arts, dance, music, tradition, respect, love... Capoeira's got everything I've stood for. I wish I could share Capoeira with people. However, Capoeira isn't for everyone.
Last year, I was in perfect condition for acrobatics: it's last year when I first tried to fly and had some very painful landings. But it's enjoyable. I love getting over the fear of things and just trying to fly. Little by little everything started cooling down. Not necessarily speaking about seasons. And I stopped flying. I guess karma finally caught up with me. And my wings were taken away.
Today I felt that energy again- and how strong it was! I did an aerial. We call them au sem mao. It was off the floor, it was fast, it was beautiful, just like I did back when I could fly. I'm ready for macacos (one handed back-hand-spring), amazonas (one hand-stand) and piao (I've no idea what the hell that is called). I'm ready for bad landings, for wipe outs. I want to have stories to tell.
I feel like I'm ready to spread my wings again.
I don't want to lose this energy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment